Are you getting ready to have your baby's photoshoot? I know what it’s like to have a newborn baby. That is why I offer photoshoots that are relaxed and stress-free for parents, babies, and me!
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your newborn photos:
- First, make sure that you dress your baby in comfortable clothes that won't restrict movement. Neutral colors work best in photos, so choose simple clothing without any busy patterns. I well-fitting white onesie is also a favorite of mine.
- I only work with natural light so I will open blinds and shades and turn off any artificial lights. I generally like to use the family couch, the nursery, and master bedroom bed. While you do not need to clean and make everything perfect, making space in these areas is always helpful.
- Prepare any siblings by keeping them relaxed. Perhaps tell them a friend is coming to visit and she will be bringing her camera to take a few pictures. Don’t tell them they have to smile or be on their best behavior. I like to capture siblings as natural as possible.
- Feed your baby 15 minutes before I arrive if possible. We can certainly take breaks when additional feedings are needed during my time with you. Your baby is running the show and I aim to keep them as happy as possible.
- Finally, be sure to relax and enjoy the experience – this is a fun time for you and your family!
My goal is not only to capture precious moments but also create space where we can enjoy our time together. Book your newborn session today by clicking here. If this has been helpful, please share it with others who are looking for stress-free newborn photos.
Jenny Sessoms is a professional family photographer with a BFA in photography from RIT in New York. She has over 20 years of experience and has won awards and been published on billboards, in magazines and online. She services the Northern Virginia area including Ashburn, Leesburg, Chantilly, Aldie, Middleburg, Purcellville, Fairfax and more.