Here are some insider tips: 7 Tips for Your Summer Family Session in Northern Virginia. If you have not scheduled your family photos for this summer yet, you are still in luck. The good news is that it’s not too late, there is still availability to get it done.
Here is why I think it’s a great time to do your family photo session:
- Days are longer, so sunset pictures can take place during the week, in the evenings, making it easier to schedule
- Your family has that sun-kissed glow from already spending time outside
- Life, is less hectic, and kids are rested (no school)
- So many beautiful locations here in Loudoun County, from Ashburn to Leesburg, to Purcellville. We can choose from flowering fields to estate gardens, shaded walking paths, dirt roads with rolling hills in the background, and so many vineyards!
- Summer clothes are always fun!
- Weather is less rainy
- Flowers are blooming, the trees are green, and the skies are blue. Sure the brown tones of fall can be pretty, but I love the beautiful colors of summer!
And here are a few additional things to keep in mind during your family photoshoot:
- My sessions usually start around 7:30pm in the summer, so it might be challenging for little ones. However, with a little nap and additional preparation, it’s definitely worth it.
- Temperatures can be pretty warm. But it’s definitely cooling off later in the day as the sun starts to set. For those really steamy days, I find that freezing a bottle of water and carrying it can make a big difference. Just holding it or placing it on your pulse-points can help to cool you down. And definitely bring fluids to drink. We will play games and have fun, and the session will go so quickly.
- Opportunities for locations such as splash pads. Imagine having pictures of your little ones running through the sprinklers or splash zones, or sliding down slip-and-slides!
I hope you like these 7 Tips for Your Summer Family Session in Northern Virginia!
Ready to book? Contact Me