Are you planning a maternity photoshoot? If so, what should you wear? There are lots of different options, and it can be tricky to choose the right outfit. I’ll show you some of my favorite outfits for maternity photoshoots. I’ll also give you some tips on how to choose the right outfit for your Northern Virginia maternity photography shoot. So read on to learn more!
I want my clients to have fun with their maternity photos without worrying about what they're wearing
I’m familiar with the struggle of finding clothes that make us feel good and look good in front of the camera. I want my clients to have fun with their sessions without worrying about what they're wearing, so I have created an easy color pallet along with some general style guidelines for clothing which will help them stay relaxed and comfortable during their photo shoot.
- Choose a flattering outfit that will show off your baby bump, but most importantly, wear something that you feel great in and is comfortable to wear.
- Avoid busy patterns and bright colors. You can also view my Pinterest board here for inspiration and to see colors that work nicely together.
- Feel free to bring a blanket, or a toy for your little ones (if you have them).
- For winter outdoor photoshoots, wear a warm jacket that you can take off for pictures and put back on for the in-between moments.
- For summer photoshoots, wear something cool and breathable, like cotton.
- If you would like to show your bare belly for a shot or two, wear jeans or other pants that you can easily unbutton, unzip, or fold down below the bump.
- Look at samples of maternity images for inspiration. You can view my maternity portfolio here.
- Try not to stress out about it too much – we are going to have fun!
Wear something that feels good and makes you feel confident
In life, as in maternity photo sessions, you should wear something that feels good and makes you feel confident. The most important thing is that you are comfortable and feel great. If this resonates with you - book your session now! I can help give guidance so you will walk away from the photoshoot feeling empowered by how fabulous you looked.
Jenny Sessoms is a professional family photographer with a BFA in photography from RIT in New York. She has over 20 years of experience and has won awards and been published on billboards, in magazines and online. She offers photoshoots that are relaxed and stress-free for everyone. She services the Northern Virginia area including Ashburn, Leesburg, Chantilly, Middleburg, Fairfax and more.